Monday, 19 May 2014

Ravensburger, In The Night Garden, My First Floor Puzzle

Find out what I thought of the Ravensburger, In The Night Garden, My First Floor Puzzle

 

We were recently sent the 16 piece Ravensburger In the night garden my first floor puzzle to review. It is aimed at children aged 2 and over, and it measures 49x36cm when assembled. It won't fit inside the box once assembled, hence the "Floor Puzzle" status. (The box itself measures 34x23x6cm).

The puzzle box is really well made, and it has lasted well. The box has a matt finish, so you can easily see the image you're trying to recreate - even under bright lights. Each jigsaw piece is really strong too, and my toddlers haven't managed to bend or break any of the pieces (yet)!

I tipped all 16 of the pieces onto the floor and then sat alongside Syd to help her. The back of each piece is plain white, so it was easy for Syd to see which pieces she needed to turn over to complete the puzzle.>

I helped Syd to put the bottom line of pieces together, and then I started passing her each piece in turn and showing her where to put it. She managed to connect the pieces without any help!

Once the puzzle was completed, Syd and I sat and talked about the characters and the colours in the picture. The image is really fun, and features the main In The Night Garden characters.

The puzzle has an RRP of £8.99, and I feel the quality reflects this price tag. We've had cheaper jigsaws, but the pieces weren't as easy to connect. It is well worth checking prices online when buying Ravensburger puzzles, as there are usually plenty of deals around.

I highly recommend this puzzle, and we will be buying some more from the Ravensburger My First Floor Puzzle series for Syd's birthday next Month.

Review by Mothergeek

Available to buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment