Thursday, 13 December 2012

Ravensburger Puzzle Club Review - The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey 1000 piece Panorama




I remember reading the Hobbit at school and absolutely loving it.  With that came a love for The Lord of the Rings movie franchise.  Imagine my excitement when I heard that The Hobbit was being made into a movie being released today (13th December 2012)  Along with any new movie their is always memorabilia, from ti-shirts to toys to puzzles and Ravensburger haven’t let me down.  We got sent the Panoramic 1000 piece Hobbit puzzle to have a go at and boy has it been a challenge.


When it arrived I was really excited and got to work sorting the pieces straight away.  We can’t do puzzles with the boys around as they like to help and no matter how smart I think they are I can just about cope with a 1000 piece puzzle and I’m 26!  I waited until they had gone to bed that night and set to work.  The edges were fairly straight forward and it was done in no time at all.  I figured it should be a fairly simple puzzle as the picture was clear and the pieces were a nice size.  The only initial issue I had is that because it’s panoramic it doesn’t fit in the Puzzle Store!

                  

When I started on the inside I started to hit a wall.  Some of the faces are quite large which means there are 20 or so pieces that all look EXACTLY the same.  I struggled to do it in artificial light as it’s much easier to see any slight differences during the day.

20121213_131511

We haven’t finished it yet but it is coming along nicely but we do have a challenge on our hands, which definitely isn’t a bad thing as we get the most out of the puzzle before completing it.


20121213_125355

As usual it is of top quality and Ravensburger never fail to produce a top notch puzzle.  The pieces are sturdy and fit together properly creating a really nice picture for any Hobbit fan to enjoy.

Review by Lauren at Spud and Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment